“Through our partnership with DDS, our productivity has seen a dramatic 30% increase while call handling time decreased by the same amount. In addition, service denials dropped from 4.8% to 0%.”
ADEPT IQ Launches
Change is forcing disruption and putting pressure on everyone in the transportation industry - Take Advantage of Change
Transit agencies struggle with managing the cost of providing required service to a growing number of passengers. Funding is not keeping pace with ridership, transit agencies need ways to reduce costs while maintaining mandated service levels. A transit agency’s challenges break down into three categories:
- Lower operational costs
- Ensure compliance
- Increase service quality and service performance
Additionally, changes in the transportation industry are causing transit agencies to rethink their current service offerings, including the following:
- TNCs (Uber, Lyft) are setting the expectation that paratransit costs should go down.
- Passengers expect more from the service they receive, including self-service tools and on-demand (immediate) trip booking.
DDS has positioned itself to enable agencies to take advantage of change.
The ADEPT IQ product supports that mission by offering agencies a way to lower operational cost while meeting regulatory compliance and improving passenger experience.
- 25% of Productivity loss on the day of service – More effective day of service execution
- Deregulation challenges need to be met head on – Build out a leveraged business model
- Passengers are demanding better service – Increase number of self-service tools
- Budgets are stagnant – Streamline Human resources and IT Infrastructure
More effective day of service execution
Same Day - Today
Continuous Optimization focuses on real-time management of day-of-service performance.
- Using real-time traffic, national weather service, and department of transportation feeds to identify street-level service disruptions
- Calculating the impact of schedule changes and identifying the best response
- Using different service provider, available capacity, and contract information to determine best response
- Dispatching change response either automatically or by allowing dispatcher to commit
Scheduling uses historic & predictive performance data to optimized routes in record time.
- Adapting agency-specific strategies that prioritize business objectives such as ride-sharing, minimal slack time, or reduced ride time
- Looking for patterns such as group trips, common picks and drops
- Combining expected traffic information from Google Maps with historical performance data of each vehicle and service provider
- Taking into account logical pickup/drop-off order and travel direction to prevent backtracking
- Optimizing different service provider and contract information to build lowest-cost routes
Capacity Planning looks at trends & patterns to recommend contract & capacity optimization.
- Evaluating current contracts to determine availability, vehicle type and capacity
- Suggesting which vehicles to use and when to open routes
- Using historical data and trends to determine most likely demand
- Enabling more effective immediate, near-term, and long-term capacity planning
Streamline Human Resources & IT Infrastructure
Reduce total cost of ownership while improving availability, scalability, and security with an Amazon Cloud deployment
- Widespread availability with geographical redundancy
- Superior security with GovCloud
- True leveraged network of partners
- Easier upgrades and monitoring
RESTful API’s and Integration
Modules are designed to work together as one system or they can be integrated through well-defined interfaces with other systems
- ADEPT IQ: modular & restful API to integrate with anything
- Easily integrates with MaaS Global, Siemens, FluildTime, and others to easily incorporate next-generation initiatives
- Reduced risk during migration as it can be done one module at a time ensuring full compliance before moving on
- Low upgrade risk with limited scope of change rather than affecting entire system
It’s easier to intervene 10% of the time. Our tools reduce strain on human resources by automating booking, scheduling, and dispatch – while focusing the expertise of your professionals to review & intervene.
Live relevant data displayed on consistent embedded maps reduce communication challenges and increase decision making efficiency
Everyone – transit employees, vehicle operators, passengers – sees and utilizes the same map in REAL TIME.
Increase Self-Service Tools
Give Passenger the desired tools to manage their experiences better:
- Modern and intuitive interface
- Request bookings
- Manage bookings, including cancellations
- Track current vehicle location and ETA
- Review future trips
Providing Agencies the controls:
- Fully configurable
- Rules defined by the admin in the backend
- Protecting passengers by ensuring all local and regional regulations are followed
Agencies recognize cost savings:
- Passengers ready on time keeps routes on schedule
- Decreased number of calls to transit agency
- Passengers cancel without waiting on hold which reduces no-shows
A sleek and innovative designed mSlate tablet, that includes a branded driver app.
- Amount of manifest displayed (number of stops or minutes in future)
- Driver permission: perform stops out of order, mark trip as no show
- Frequency of GPS poll
- Prevent departing too early
- All controls hidden when vehicle is in motion
- When vehicle is stopped, allow more details
- Text Size, volume, & brightness configurable
- Map and stop list in one integrated view
- Manifest and stop manipulation (arrive, depart)
- Turn by Turn direction
- Route path, stops, breaks, garages are clearly marked
- Clear color-indicated on on-timerformance
Average trip costs have been increasing by 9% year over year for the last 5 years
- Traffic is getting worse
- Increase in same-day trip cancellations
- More clients arriving late
Number of passengers utilizing paratransit has increased 14% over the last 5 years
- Aging populations will only increase demand for paratransit services
- Increasing population density in cities will increase pressure on services
On demand paratransit budget growth has not kept up with demand of the market
- Municipalities and transit agencies face tight budgets that have not kept pace with budgetary needs
- Fewer employees are expected to carry the load
Passenger Expectations are increasing. Proper Self service tools are expected.
- Disruptors have changed the way we view transportation
- Everyone expects more out of their self service tools