“Through our partnership with DDS, our productivity has seen a dramatic 30% increase while call handling time decreased by the same amount. In addition, service denials dropped from 4.8% to 0%.”
Paratransit & Demand Response
Powered by AI-driven Routing & Scheduling
Transit agencies struggle with managing the cost of providing required service to a growing number of passengers. Funding is not keeping pace with ridership; transit agencies need ways to reduce costs while maintaining mandated service levels. A transit agency’s challenges break down into three categories:
- Lower operational costs
- Ensure compliance
- Increase service quality and service performance
Additionally, changes in the transportation industry are causing transit agencies to rethink their current service offerings, including the following:
- The emergence of Transportation Network Companies is setting the expectation that paratransit costs should go down.
- Passengers expect more from the service they receive, including self-service tools and on-demand (immediate) trip booking.
DDS Wireless’ Paratransit and Demand Response Transition solutions are built using revolutionary AI-driven routing and scheduling algorithms. These solutions have enabled a number of transit providers to offer highly efficient and cost-effective service to their customers while meeting their regulatory compliance.
- Proprietary AI-driven algorithms to build efficient routes
- Continuous optimization based on real-time data and business rules to improve day of service performance
- Cloud-based implementation to lower setup and maintenance costs
- Ensure regulatory compliance (ADA, SOTE, KELA etc.)
- Rules-based engine to ensure KPIs targets such as on-time performance & service-windows are met
- Proactively identity potential compliance issues and address them real-time
- Take advantage of mobile and web-based self-service tools
- Use most appropriate vehicle & service provider for each trip
- Use real-time traffic, weather data to respond to street-level disruptions and keep your passengers informed
How does DDS help with use of Technology?
Next Generation Paratransit and Demand Response Transit Software-as-as-Service. Used by some of the largest paratransit authorities in North America (ADA compliant)
Paratransit and Demand Response Transit software with ridesharing integration for taxi dispatch systems.
Available in Europe (SOTE and KELA compliant)
ADEPT™ IQ by StrataGen
Next-generation paratransit and demand response transit Software-as-a-Service
[Back to products]
ADEPT™ IQ is a complete solution built specifically for paratransit demand response transit. The solution enables transit agencies a way to lower their operational cost while meeting regulatory compliance and improving passenger experience through:
- More effective day of service execution
- Streamlined human resources and IT infrastructure
- Easy to use passenger self-service tools
More effective day of service execution
Same Day -Today
Continuous Optimization focuses on real-time management of day-of-service performance.
- Using real-time traffic, national weather service, and department of transportation feeds to identify street-level service disruptions
- Calculating the impact of schedule changes and identifying the best response
- Using different service provider, available capacity, and contract information to determine best response
- Dispatching change response either automatically or by allowing dispatcher to commit
Scheduling uses historic & predictive performance data to optimize routes in record time.
- Adapting agency-specific strategies that prioritize business objectives such as ride-sharing, minimal slack time, or reduced ride time
- Looking for patterns such as group trips, common picks and drops
- Combining expected traffic information from Google Maps with historical performance data of each vehicle and service provider
- Taking into account logical pickup/drop-off order and travel direction to prevent backtracking
- Optimizing different service provider and contract information to build lowest-cost routes
Capacity Planning looks at trends & patterns to recommend contract & capacity optimization.
- Evaluating current contracts to determine availability, vehicle type and capacity
- Suggesting which vehicles to use and when to open routes
- Using historical data and trends to determine most likely demand
- Enabling more effective immediate, near-term, and long-term capacity planning
Streamline Human Resources & IT Infrastructure
Reduce total cost of ownership while improving availability, scalability, and security with an Amazon Cloud deployment
- Widespread availability with geographical redundancy
- Superior security with GovCloud
- True leveraged network of partners
- Easier upgrades and monitoring
RESTful API’s and Integration
Modules are designed to work together as one system or they can be integrated through well-defined interfaces with other systems
ADEPT IQ: modular & restful API to integrate with anything
- Easily integrates with MaaS Global, Siemens, FluildTime, and others to easily incorporate next generation initiatives
- Reduced risk during migration as it can be done one module at a time ensuring full compliance before moving on
- Low upgrade risk with limited scope of change rather than affecting the entire system
It’s easier to intervene 10% of the time. Our tools reduce strain on human resources by automating booking, scheduling, and dispatch – while focusing the expertise of your professionals to review & intervene.
Live relevant data displayed on consistent embedded maps reduce communication challenges and increase decision making efficiency
Everyone sees and utilizes the same map in REAL TIME.
Increase Self-Service Tools
Give passenagers the desired tools to manage their experiences better:
- Modern and intuitive interface
- Request bookings
- Manage bookings, including same-day cancellations
- Track existing and future trips
Providing Agencies the controls:
- Fully configurable
- Rules defined by the admin in the backend
- Protecting passengers by ensuring all local and regional regulations are followed
A sleek and innovative designed mSlate tablet, that includes a branded driver app.
- Determine length of manifest displayed
- Driver behavior: order of stops, no show, etc
- Frequency of GPS poll
- Frequency of system checks
- All controls hidden when vehicle is in motion
- When vehicle is stopped, allow more details
- Text Size, volume, & brightness configurable
- Manifest and stop manipulation
- Turn by Turn direction
- Floating Breaks
MobiRouter™ by MobiSoft
Demand Response Transit software with ridesharing integration for taxi dispatch systems. Available in Europe (with SOTE & KELA integrations)
[Back to products]
MobiRouter is an intelligent transportation system combining demand responsive transport management with versatile ridesharing capabilities. MobiRouter enables cost management of public transport while preserving standards of service.
MobiRouter is the industry’s most versatile transport management solution supporting both paratransit demand response and ride sharing integration with taxi dispatch systems.
Enables high operational productivity and capability
- Enhance decision making with an intelligent transportation system and configurable optimization strategies
- Offer greater flexibility and convenience with mobile apps for drivers and passengers
- Provide added convenience by integrating with 3rd-party applications and services through an open architecture
- Ensure optimal routing with industry-leading scheduling and planning module
Meets critical compliance and regulatory requirements
- Meet unique regulatory needs with a highly tailored feature set
- Manage passenger information and eligibility
- Simplify fleet management and optimization
- Easily generate operations reports with a vast library of built-in reports or create your own
“We could not have run our Cango bus service without MobiRouter.”
Hampshire County Council
MobiRouter combines a comprehensive set of capabilities designed to improve both operational efficiency and rider satisfaction.
- Manage bookings, scheduling, planning and dispatch simultaneously
- Simplify compliance management and automate eligibility process
- Monitor and control vehicle fleet utilization with the AVL viewer
- Generate all necessary reports with unlimited access to your operational data
- Seamlessly integrate mBus & MBRV driver applications
mBus & MBRV
This MobiRouter and MTC companion mobile app is the driver’s productivity tool. It enables your drivers to manage shifts, breaks, trip acceptance and reporting, vehicle tracking and messaging to dispatch.
- Driver’s tool for workflow management
- Manages driver shifts, trip acceptance, reporting, breaks, vehicle tracking and messaging
- Includes built-in taxi meter
- mBus is available in Android and iOS versions for smartphones and tablets
- MBRV runs on DDS mSlate ruggedized tablets