VP of Software - Richmond, BC
DDS is a global company providing scheduling and dispatch solution to taxi and transit customers. We lead the market of Taxi and Paratransit solutions with a significant market share in both Taxi and Transit. Today, our most significant market share is in North America, while our EMEA operations have the fastest growth.
Looking ahead, we believe that transit industry is about to change rapidly, with different modes of transportation coming together into a multi-modal solution. With a strong presence in both Taxi and Transit markets, we are ideally positioned to lead the market in realizing the potential of multi-modal transportation.
Customer focused global leader in intelligent wireless solutions to optimize transportation.
Grow through relentless customer focus by continuously innovating products and services through disciplined exceptional execution with highly skilled staff.
Summary of Responsibilities
Lead multiple teams of engineers building the next generation of SaaS applications and platforms. Hire, mentor and grow passionate individuals who work well in strong teams across multiple geographies. Champion engineering and operational excellence, with a mindset for raising the bar with continuous improvement. Manage complex technical projects and drive them to outcomes. Coordinate with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality products in a timely manner. Make critical decisions that attribute to the success of the product. Be a leader for external and internal contract resources assigned to the transit team. Based out of the Richmond office.
- Strong leader capable of inspiring the very best software engineers and gaining their respect.
- Experienced in hiring, grooming and retaining top talent for both internal and external engineering resources.
- Excellent Software contracting skills with ability to take high level requirements, translate them into detailed technical requirements and generate meaningful SOWs for contracting to external software firms.
- Ability to attract top architects and engineers. Intellectually curious, courage to innovate and results oriented.
- 10+ years of experience in building system software or large scale enterprise SaaS, including design, development, database architecture, security and performance tuning
- 3-5 years’ experience in designing, implementing and deploying scalable cloud based solutions in the AWS environment.
- 5+ years building consumer and purpose built mobile based applications based on Android and IOS cross platform.
- 3-5 years experience in building RESTful API services, data driven architecture and analytics/BI solutions.
- 5+ years’ experience in the following technical areas: Java, C++, Node.js, React Native, Lambda functions, Kubernetes, Kafka, Jira, Jenkins, Appium
- 5+ years’ experience in a management role BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
- Full stack development experience, including NodeJS, Angular or React Familiarity with microservices architecture and containers Experienced in PostgreSQL, Dynamo DB ad Kafka databases and publish/subscribe technologies
- A leader with proven experience in driving change and building new teams
- Transportation domain and operational research experience a plus
- Willingness to travel to customer and other engineering team locations
You are a team player that enjoys a challenge and has excellent communication skills. If you are excited about the variety, challenge, and scope of this role as well as about the opportunity to advance your career within the DDS group of companies, we want to hear from you. DDS Wireless offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, combined with variety, challenge, and scope to develop your career.
To apply please submit your resume together with a cover letter referencing “VP of Software – Your Name” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all who apply, however, we will only be in contact with those considered for an interview.
No phone calls, please.