Technical Writer – Richmond, BC
DDS Wireless International Inc is a global provider of advanced wireless mobile data systems. We specialize in the design, development and deployment of fleet management systems for real-time dispatching, vehicle location and tracking and computerized routing and scheduling in multiple vertical markets.
We are looking for a Technical Writer to be responsible for creating technical documents, including software release notes, training material, design documents and proposals. This role is on contract with a varying number of hours per week. If you have previous experience as a Technical Writer for both software and hardware, we encourage you to submit an application.
The Successful Candidate
As a Technical Write in the DDS team, you are an important resource to ensure the success of our customers as they implement change in their organizations. You will be able to explain complex information in a clear and concise manner, working with engineering and service staff to ensure accuracy of technical content.
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit procedures and customer-facing user information
- Develop and document technical design specifications
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Proven experience working in a technical writing position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Technical Writing for software.
- A bachelors degree.
- Transportation industry experience is an asset
To apply please submit your resume together with a cover letter to email@example.com. Please reference “Technical Writer – Richmond, BC – Your Name” in the subject line.
We thank all who apply, however, we will only be in contact with those considered for an interview. No phone calls please.