Software QA Team Lead - Richmond, BC
DDS is a global company providing scheduling and dispatch solutions to taxi and transit customers. We lead the market in Taxi and Paratransit solutions with a significant market share in both Taxi and Transit. Today, our most significant market share is in North America, while our EMEA operations have the fastest growth. DDS Wireless believes that the transit industry is about to change rapidly, with different modes of transportation coming together into a multi-modal solution. With a strong presence in both Taxi and Transit markets, we are ideally positioned to lead the market in realizing the potential of multi-modal transportation.
DDS Wireless is currently seeking a talented individual to join our team of dedicated professionals. The Taxi QA team has the following opportunity available for a Software QA Team Lead.
Reporting to the Manager, you will achieve project objectives by focusing on testing solutions for encapsulating human scheduling and dispatching strategies with high fidelity to solve large-scale, combinatorically explosive taxi problems.
The Software QA Team Lead works within the Taxi Quality Assurance and Development Teams. She/he will use testing tools, and test attractive, performant and intuitive applications deployed in both cloud and enterprise environment using the latest infrastructure capabilities. She/he will help ensure our next generation services are built to scale and meet the requirement of our Taxi customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead taxi QA team
- Analyzing software requirements and software designs, and providing feedback on their testability
- Designing and creating test cases for functional and system testing
- Reviewing test cases and providing the guidance for the team
- Test products that meet user expectations.
- Learn the taxi dispatch process and work closely with senior software developers in a team.
- Plan and document testing and for a given area or service.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering.
- Experience in the following technologies:
- 5 year software test experience
- Testing RESTful APIs that are stateless and scalable
- Experience with testing tools: Selenium, JIRA, or other tools
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and BitBucket or GitHub.
- Disciplined approach to quality assurance.
- Understanding of core CS concepts such as: common data structures and algorithms, profiling/optimization.
- Excellent documentation, communication, and technical writing skills required.
- Ability to work well with Product Management teams
- Ability to work well with others – teamwork, cooperation, respect, and integrity, and excellent communication.
- Ability to logically document and solve problems and to keep projects moving.
- Must be a self-motivated, organized and strong communicator.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated commitment to confidentiality.
- Relational database experience a plus
- Experience with AWS a plus
You are a team player that enjoys a challenge and has excellent communication skills. If you are excited about the variety, challenge and scope of this role as well as about the opportunity to advance your career within the DDS group of companies, we want to hear from you.
DDS Wireless offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, combined with variety, challenge and scope to develop your career.
To apply please submit your resume together with a cover letter. Please reference “Software QA Team Lead – Richmond, BC– Your Name” in the subject line to email@example.com
We thank all who apply, however, we will only be in contact with those considered for an interview. No phone calls, please.