Software Development Manager, IQUX - Richmond, BC
DDS is a global company providing scheduling and dispatch solutions to taxi and transit customers. We lead the market in Taxi and Paratransit solutions with a significant market share in both Taxi and Transit. Today, our most significant market share is in North America, while our EMEA operations have the fastest growth. DDS Wireless believes that the transit industry is about to change rapidly, with different modes of transportation coming together into a multi-modal solution. With a strong presence in both Taxi and Transit markets, we are ideally positioned to lead the market in realizing the potential of multi-modal transportation.
DDS Wireless is currently seeking a talented individual to join our team of dedicated professionals. The AVLM (Automated Vehicle Location Monitoring) IQUX team has the following opportunity available for a Software Development Manager, IQUX
We are primarily looking for a leader that can hire, mentor and grow passionate individuals who work well in strong teams across multiple geographies. You will disassemble and solve hard problems, seek knowledge and love sharing it with others, and can communicate well with other managers, developers, program managers, project managers, and support staff. Expertise in the tools we currently use is a huge plus, of course, but all managers with experience, strong software development skills, and a great attitude are encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strong leader capable of inspiring the very best software engineers and gaining their respect.
- Responsible for hiring, grooming and retaining top talent for both internal and external engineering resources.
- Participate in agile development; attend regular scrums, participate in sprint planning, etc.
- Understand our customers’ needs; engage with product management to ensure the right features are delivered
- Create documentation for feature design; participate in reviewing others’ documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering. Master’s degree is a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Software Development Manager with 10+ direct reports
- Ability to attract top architects and engineers. Intellectually curious, courage to innovate and results oriented.
- 5+ years of experience in building system software or large scale enterprise SaaS, including design, development, database architecture, security and performance tuning
- 3-5 years’ experience in designing, implementing and deploying scalable cloud based solutions in the AWS environment.
- 5+ years building consumer and purpose built mobile based applications based on Android and IOS cross platform.
- 3-5 years’ experience in building RESTful API services, data driven architecture and analytics/BI solutions.
- 5+ years’ experience in the following technical areas: Ember, Java, C++, Node.js, React Native, Lambda functions, Kubernetes, Kafka, Jira, Jenkins, Appium
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, especially Git and BitBucket.
- Ability to work well with Product Management teams
- Ability to work well with others – teamwork, cooperation, respect, and integrity, and excellent communication.
- Excellent documentation, communication, and technical writing skills required.
DDS Wireless offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, combined with variety, challenge and scope to develop your career.
To apply please submit your resume together with a cover letter. Please reference “Software Development Manager – Richmond, BC – Your Name” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all who apply, however, we will only be in contact with those considered for an interview.
No phone calls, please.