Software Developer - Redmond, WA
DDS is a global company providing scheduling and dispatch solutions to taxi and transit customers. We lead the market in Taxi and Paratransit solutions with a significant market share in both Taxi and Transit. Today, our most significant market share is in North America, while our EMEA operations have the fastest growth. DDS Wireless believes that the transit industry is about to change rapidly, with different modes of transportation coming together into a multi-modal solution. With a strong presence in both Taxi and Transit markets, we are ideally positioned to lead the market in realizing the potential of multi-modal transportation.
DDS Wireless is currently seeking a talented individual to join our team of dedicated professionals. The TPT IQ Deploy & IQUX team has the following opportunity available for a Software Developer.
Reporting to the Manager, TPT IQ Deploy & IQUX in our Redmond office, you will achieve project objectives by focusing on encapsulating and dispatching strategies with high fidelity to solve large-scale, combinatorically explosive transit problems.
The Software Developer works within the TPT IQ Deploy & IQUX Team. She/he will use Node.js and Java technology to build attractive, performant and intuitive stateless services exposed with RESTful APls and deployed in a cloud environment using the latest infrastructure capabilities. She/he will help ensure our next generation services are built to scale and meet the requirement of our Transit and Taxi customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understanding micro-service architectural framework that facilitates extension of the overall system with new services with clearly defined interfaces.
- Contributing to the design and implementation of new core services responsible for management of transit schedules.
- Learning the transit process and working closely with senior software developers in a team.
- Proven history of programming in Linux and Windows environments is required.
- Knowledge of Kafka stream-processing software platform and experience with cloud technologies is an asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Experience in the following technologies:
- 3 years: Writing RESTful APIs that stateless and scalable.
- 3 years: Software Development tools based on Atlassian Jira and Agile methods
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and BitBucket or GitHub.
- Disciplined approach to writing and quality assurance.
- Understanding of core CS concepts such as: common data structures and algorithms, profiling/optimization.
- Excellent documentation, communication, and technical writing skills required.
- Ability to work well with Product Management teams.
- Ability to work well with others – teamwork, cooperation, respect, and integrity, and excellent communication.
- Ability to logically document and solve problems and to keep projects moving.
- Must be a self-motivated, organized and strong communicator.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Understand and respond to a diverse population.
- Demonstrated commitment to confidentiality.
You are a team player that enjoys a challenge and has excellent communication skills. If you are excited about the variety, challenge and scope of this role as well as about the opportunity to advance your career within the DDS group of companies, we want to hear from you.
DDS Wireless offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, combined with variety, challenge and scope to develop your career.
To apply please attach your resume together with a cover letter. Please reference “Software Developer – Redmond, WA – Your Name” in the subject line and email to email@example.com
We thank all who apply, however, we will only be in contact with those considered for an interview. No phone calls, please.