Software Developer (Taxi)- Richmond, BC
BE PART OF THE CHANGE TODAY!
DDS is a global company providing scheduling and dispatch solutions to taxi and transit customers. We lead the market in Taxi and Paratransit solutions with a significant market share in both Taxi and Transit. Today, our most significant market share is in North America, while our EMEA operations have the fastest growth. DDS Wireless believes that the transit industry is about to change rapidly, with different modes of transportation coming together into a multi-modal solution. With a strong presence in both Taxi and Transit markets, we are ideally positioned to lead the market in realizing the potential of multi-modal transportation.
DDS Wireless is currently seeking a talented individual to join our team of dedicated professionals. The Pathfinder (Taxi Dispatch System) team have the following opportunity available for a Software Developer.
Reporting to the Manager, Pathfinder in our Richmond office, you will achieve project objectives by focusing on developing our next generation web based online trip booking system.
The Software Developer works within the PF (Pathfinder) Development Team. She/he will use Node.js and Java/C# technology to build attractive, performant and intuitive stateless services exposed with RESTful APIs and deployed in a cloud environment using the latest infrastructure capabilities. She/he will help ensure our next generation services are built to scale and meet the requirement of our Taxi customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributing to the design and implementation of new core services responsible for web application.
- Learning the taxi dispatching process and working closely with senior software developers in a team.
- Working experience in either java or C# is required.
- Proven history of programming in Linux and Windows environments is required.
- Knowledge of Kafka stream-processing software platform and experience with docker and cloud technologies is an asset.
- Knowledge of relational database and SQL query is an asset.
- Knowledge of report tools ex. Tableau is an asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering.
- Experience in the following technologies:
- Working experience: Writing RESTful APIs that stateless and scalable
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and BitBucket or GitHub.
- Disciplined approach to writing and quality assurance.
- Good documentation, communication, and technical writing skills required.
- Ability to work well with Product Management teams
- Ability to work well with others – teamwork, cooperation, respect, and integrity, and excellent communication.
- Ability to logically document and solve problems and to keep projects moving.
- Must be a quick learner.
- Must be a self-motivated, organized and strong communicator.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated commitment to confidentiality.
You are a team player that enjoys a challenge and has excellent communication skills. If you are excited about the variety, challenge and scope of this role as well as about the opportunity to advance your career within the DDS group of companies, we want to hear from you.
Apply by sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote “Software Developer- Taxi” along with your name in the subject line.
DDS Wireless offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, combined with variety, challenge and scope to develop your career.
We thank all who apply, however, we will only be in contact with those considered for an interview. No phone calls, please.
Job Type: Full-time