Part Time Security Guard
DDS Wireless is a global provider of wireless mobile data solutions to multiple markets using state of the art technologies in real-time dispatching, vehicle location and tracking, as well as computerized routing and scheduling. Its offerings include mobile data computers, fleet management applications, communications infrastructure, project management, long-term customer support as well as multimedia mobile commerce systems for fleets.
We need a reliable Part Time Security Guard to maintain safe and secure environment for visitors and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel. The ideal candidate for this position has a background in security and a professional disposition.
How you can help:
- Perform scheduled and random checks of designated areas throughout the facility to check for any security breaches
- Utilize the company’s guest policies
- Assist the maintenance staff in securing an area during a maintenance emergency
- Collaborate with other members of the corporate security team to ensure that the facility is safe at all times
- Maintain a professional and effective relationship with the local police and fire departments
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Obtains help by sounding alarms.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities
- Takes accurate notes of unusual occurrences and reports in detail any suspicious incidents
- Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
- Maintains organization’s stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
What you will bring:
- Ability to work independently
- Proven history of working well in stressful situations
- Proven work experience as a security guard or relevant position
- Ability to operate detecting systems and emergency equipment
- Excellent knowledge of public safety and security procedures/protocols
- Surveillance skills and detail orientation
- Integrity and professionalism
- C. Basic Security Training Level 1 and Level 2
- High school degree
- Must be able to work on Sunday overnight shifts (Sunday night to Monday morning)
- Must be flexible to take on additional shifts from time to time to cover absences
To be considered, candidates must be legally able to work in Canada.
If you are excited about this opportunity, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume and quote “Security Guard (Part Time)” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The team at DDS Wireless thanks you for your application. However, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.