Sales Director, Transit Business Unit (StrataGen Systems) - Richmond, BC or Redmond, WA
DDS Wireless International Inc. is a world leader in developing, marketing, selling, and servicing advanced wireless dispatch systems for the transportation industry and their associated markets. We develop industry-leading cloud-based software, mobility based applications and hardware solutions supporting multiple segments. DDS Transit (StrataGen Systems) provides proprietary real-time dispatch, routing and scheduling for the public transit industry, primarily the para-transit and non-emergency medical transportation and on-demand response markets.
DDS Wireless consists of several subsidiary companies and teams. DDS Transit is made up of all DDS Wireless’s transit business lines including StrataGen Systems (Redmond, WA) as well as other resources located in the United Kingdom and Finland.
DDS Wireless is seeking a seasoned sales executive to lead a team focused on transforming the transportation industry. Reporting directly to the CEO, the successful candidate will have a proven track record of growing business, winning in competitive markets, leading through diversity, and developing a winning culture of sales success.
The successful candidate is a passionate results-oriented leader who will drive growth with new and existing customers, build a focused customer acquisition strategy, and create a business development plan that enables a robust pipeline of new business. The right balance of a leader who understands the needs of strong account management and “farming” versus prospecting and “hunting” is a requirement. DDS Transit (StrataGen) recently won a $50M new contract with one of the world’s largest transit authorities for our innovative new product ADEPT IQ. Further developing this marketplace in large, medium and small transit segments is your mandate.
- Own the North American sales revenue and profit
- Lead and develop the sales team
- Accountable for the sales pipeline and forecasting
- Ensure the diligent use of the company CRM system (Salesforce)
- Develop and define sales territories and compensation plans
- Implement national sales programs and a go to market strategy
- Develop individual quarterly and annual sales targets
- Support the development of sales commission structure and incentive plans
- Support the professional development of the sales team
- Effective use of marketing campaigns and resources
- The development and creation of collateral sales and promotions materials
- Determine emerging user requirements to feed future product release
- Regular communication with the CEO and other senior management team members
Requirements & Qualifications:
- More than 10 years of sales experience and over 5 in a leadership position
- Proven track record of sales success in IT and ideally SW & SaaS oriented solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Experience dealing with government agencies including influencing, writing, and winning RFI/RFQ/RFPs, then negotiating successful win-win contracts
- A strong financial background to develop complex deal assessments and proposal
- Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Travel up to 30% within the US and Canada
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US and Canada
We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package, combined with variety, challenge and scope to develop your career in this fast moving international organization.
If you are excited about the variety, challenge and scope of this role as well as about the opportunity to advance your career within the DDS group of companies, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence “Sales Director, Transit” in the subject line to email@example.com.
The team at DDS Wireless thanks you for your application. However, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.