Managing Director, Europe - Stockholm, Sweden
DDS Wireless International Inc. is a global leader in developing, marketing, selling, and servicing advanced wireless dispatch and scheduling systems for the transportation industry and their associated markets. We develop industry leading cloud based software, mobility based applications and hardware solutions supporting multiple segments. DDS Wireless currently enjoys a strong presence in the European transportation industry and we are looking to extend this presence to new markets in the region.
We are seeking a Managing Director (MD) to lead our European business operation. The position may be based in any one of our European offices with a preference toward Sweden or Finland and will report to the CEO. The ideal candidate has previously held similar executive roles with an emphasis on sales and business development experience in Europe. In addition to strong leadership attributes, the successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of growth, execution and an ability to operate in a changing environment.
The Managing Director will provide the leadership required to grow and position the company at the forefront of the industry in Europe. In support of the DDS strategic plan, the mandate is to develop and execute a European strategy, while ensuring strong profitability, quality of products and service, and cost-effective management of resources.
- Accountability for all European operations – including all customer related activities; financial and operational integration; adherence to DDS policies and processes; budgeting, forecasting and P&L management; oversee and maintain responsibility for the financial and operating plans and day to day operations.
- Growth Strategies – develop a European growth plan in coordination with the Senior Management Team. The MD will have European accountability for our existing transit, taxi and hardware businesses. The position will also be responsible for identifying and developing new opportunities to expand DDS’ presence in compatible and profitable markets, providing requirements feedback for improved products, services and go-to-market, and developing other strategies to grow our revenue base and presence.
- Provide Leadership and Agility – the European MD will build out the leadership team and optimize the organization, structure, and processes to profitably build the business. The position will be responsible for aligning the various teams toward a unified DDS culture. Since this position will have multiple lines of reporting (shared reporting with BU heads), the ideal candidate will possess operational agility and an ability to effectively operate and excel in a matrix environment.
- More than 5 years experience in a similar leadership position
- Proven track record as a general manager with demonstrated results
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in IT and ideally SW & SaaS oriented business operations
- Strong financial acumen
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Travel regularly and as required across Europe
- Must be legally eligible to work within the European Union group of countries as well as the United Kingdom
- Multiple European languages. A preference will be given to those with either Finnish and/or Swedish
We offer a competitive performance based compensation package and comprehensive benefits package, combined with variety, challenge and scope to develop your career in this fast moving international organization.
Apply Now! Does this sound like a fit for you? If so, we want to hear from you! Submit your resume together with a cover letter to email@example.com with “Managing Director, Europe – Stockholm, Sweden” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.