Human Resources Generalist - Richmond, BC
DDS Wireless International is a global provider of advanced wireless mobile data systems. We specialize in the design, development and deployment of fleet management systems for real-time dispatching, vehicle location and tracking and computerized routing and scheduling in multiple vertical markets.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, energetic person join our lean People & Culture team in an HR Generalist role. We want to hear from you today if you are a team player who enjoys a challenge and has excellent communication & customer skills as well as a can-do attitude.
- Participate in development and implementation of programs to foster understanding of company core values across all teams
- Manage full cycle recruitment including preparation of job postings; screening applicants and recommending candidates for interviews for roles such as – software developers, UX designers, product and project managers, customer support representatives, etc.
- Implement strategies to execute and maintain a healthy pipeline of talent
- Coach hiring managers to thoroughly understand the hiring needs for all roles
- Conduct reference checks and related correspondence
- Prepare suitable and accurate employment contracts
- Participate in workforce planning meetings and implement the strategies to achieve staffing goals
- Participate in evaluation and development of processes and policies to increase engagement of all employees
- Communicate, educate, and provide ongoing support on HR company policies, guidelines and procedures, along with relevant employment-related laws, regulations and standards
- Act as point of contact for managers and employees on employee relations issues
- Conduct exit interviews and ensure exit process is completed
- Execute and analyze employee engagement measurements and follow on
- Facilitates employee recognition programs
- Participate in overseeing Performance Management Process for all employees
- Help plan employee training & development
- Develop, schedule and improve employee on-boarding process
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring, implementing and communicating applicable human resource federal and provincial requirements in British Columbia and Washington State, as well as international locations
- Gather and analyze data and provide monthly, quarterly, and yearly trends
- Undertake research, review and analysis of HR data, policies and practices to provide recommendations for improved HR and management practices
- Administer government wage survey
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in Business or related field
- 2+ years experience in a corporate HR environment, ideally with specific experience in technology recruitment
- Strong working knowledge of B.C’s Employment Standards Act and supporting legislation. Knowledge of Washington State employment laws also preferred
- Works with a high degree of discretion, confidentiality and integrity
- High degree of initiative and proactivity.
- Thrive on multi-tasking with competing priorities, with little instruction and quick turn-around times
- Customer focused – a high level of customer service orientation
- Proven interpersonal and relationship building skills. High degree of professionalism.
- Detail oriented, accurate and extremely organized
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Windows, MS Office ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.) and HR systems such as ADP Workforce Now
- Prior experience in the tech industry strongly preferred
We offer a competitive performance based compensation package and comprehensive benefits package, combined with variety, challenge and scope to develop your career in this fast moving international organization.
DDS Wireless International offers a team based work environment and comprehensive benefits package, combined with variety, challenge and scope to develop your career in this fast moving international organization.
Apply Now! Does this sound like a fit for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
Submit your resume together with a cover letter to email@example.com with “HR Generalist” in the subject line.
We thank all who apply, however, we will only be in contact with those considered for an interview. No phone calls or agencies please.