HR Assistant - Richmond, BC
DDS is a global company providing scheduling and dispatch solution to taxi and transit customers. We lead the market in Taxi and Demand-Response Transit solutions, with our most significant market share in North America and our EMEA operations experiencing rapid growth.
Looking ahead, we believe that the transit industry is about to change rapidly, with different modes of transportation coming together into a multi-modal solution. With a strong presence in both Taxi and Demand-Response Transit markets, we are ideally positioned to lead the industry in realizing the potential of multi-modal transportation.
Reporting to the Head of HR, the HR assistant duties involve a wide range of support activities inside our HR department, from coordinating meetings to maintaining our employee database to posting job ads. An important part of your role will be to act as the liaison between HR and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of requests and questions. You’ll also assist in creating policies, processes and documents; providing administrative support to the CEO and planning and executing employee social events.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Provide clerical and administrative support to executives
- Provide reception coverage as needed
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc)
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc) and take minutes
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc)
- Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews
- Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees
- Assist our recruiters to source candidates and update our database
- Organize employee social events
HR assistant skills we’re looking for include excellent organization ability, familiarity with HR software and strong communication skills. To be an ideal candidate for the human resources assistant position, you should also hold an HR-related degree and have some experience in our industry. You should be able to work autonomously and remain calm under pressure. Ultimately, you’ll ensure our HR department is organized and operates smoothly to attract, hire and retain our employees.
DDS Wireless offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, combined with variety, challenge and scope to develop your career in this fast moving international organization.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Careers@ddswireless.com. Please reference “HR Assistant– Your Name” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.