Full Stack Software Developer - Richmond, BC
DDS is a global company providing scheduling and dispatch solution to taxi and transit customers. We lead the market of Taxi and Paratransit solutions with a significant market share in both Taxi and Transit. Today, our most significant market share is in North America, while our EMEA operations have the fastest growth and largest potential.
Looking ahead, we believe that transit industry is about to change rapidly, with different modes of transportation coming together into a multi-modal solution. With a strong presence in both Taxi and Transit markets, we are ideally positioned to lead the market in realizing the potential of multi-modal transportation. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join the global product group and help shape the future of transportation by bringing together our customers through industry leading multi-modal solutions.
Full Stack Software Development Engineer
DDS Wireless International is looking for a full stack software development engineer with front end and back end experience. You must be passionate about designing, prototyping, and testing cloud based software components.
You will be working with a team to design and deploy services to the cloud.
DDS Wireless International is focused on delivering high performance software products for transportation. We develop web based products that integrate with mobile devices, and provide optimized ride sharing and routing solutions for vehicles.
- Being a quick learner of new technology and a technical leader.
- Mentoring junior developers on design patterns and best practices.
- Developing prototypes, proofs of concept and reference architecture diagrams.
- Developing reliable, production hardened components.
- Designing RESTful API’s for distributed components and services.
- Writing unit, system and integration tests that validate the features in your code.
- Performing peer code reviews.
- Collaborating with product managers and the development teams to create and prioritize requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development.
- Strong track record of utilizing native AWS services (SNS, SQS, IoT, DynamoDB).
- Strong database experiences, very good understanding of T-SQL programming
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Deployment into a combined cloud native, Linux and container staging and production environment.
- Developing SaaS based products.
- Relational database design.
- CSS and layout frameworks (Bootstrap, Materialize, Foundation).
- Experience developing single page web applications.
- Comfortable with basic shell scripting in a Linux environment.
- Experience on an agile team (Scrum).
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or Electrical Engineering.
- Willingness and ability to travel to Seattle or Richmond for team meetings.
Nice to have:
- Automation and deployment (docker) and build tools (Jenkins).
- Domain driven design experience.
- Experience designing micro-services.
- PostgreSQL database experience.
To apply please submit your resume together with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference “Full Stack Developer, Richmond BC – Your Name” in the subject line.
We thank all who apply, however, we will only be in contact with those considered for an interview. No phone calls please.