Senior Lead Software Developer (Deployment) - Richmond, BC
DDS is a global company providing scheduling and dispatch solutions to taxi and transit customers. We lead the market in Taxi and Paratransit solutions with a significant market share in both Taxi and Transit. Today, our most significant market share is in North America, while our EMEA operations have the fastest growth. DDS Wireless believes that the transit industry is about to change rapidly, with different modes of transportation coming together into a multi-modal solution. With a strong presence in both Taxi and Transit markets, we are ideally positioned to lead the market in realizing the potential of multi-modal transportation.
DDS Wireless is currently seeking a talented individual to join our team of dedicated professionals. The ADEPT IQ Deployment, UX, and Infrastructure team has the following opportunity available for a Software Developer.
Reporting to the Manager, ADEPT IQ Deployment, UX, and Infrastructure in our Richmond office, you will achieve project objectives by focusing on encapsulating human scheduling and dispatching strategies with high fidelity to solve large-scale, combinatorically explosive transit problems.
The Software Developer works within the ADEPT IQ Deployment, UX, and Infrastructure Team. She/he will use the latest technologies to deploy and monitor a highly scalable SaaS product to the AWS cloud. She/he will work with other development teams to incorporate new services into a CI/CD pipeline. She/he will work with support staff to ensure that all necessary tooling is in place to monitor and react to any interuption in service for our customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and extend our deployment infrastructure using:
- bash scripting
- Kubernetes + Kops
- Create design documentation for new deployment features
- Participate in agile team activities, such as daily standup, sprint planning and retrospectives
- Design and implement system logging capture
- Design and implement system monitoring and alerting
- Participate in design reviews for additional system components, such as new AWS Lambda functions or kubernetes deployments
- Learning the transit process and working closely with senior software developers in a team.
- Proven history of programming in Linux and Windows environments is required.
- Knowledge of Kafka stream-processing software platform and experience with cloud technologies is an asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering. Master’s degree is a plus.
- 2 years of software development experiences
- Experience in the most of the following technologies:
- Cloud platforms
- Relational Databases
- NoSQL Databases
- RESTful service design
- Excellent documentation, communication, and technical writing skills required.
- Ability to work well with Product Management teams
- Ability to work well with others – teamwork, cooperation, respect, and integrity, and excellent communication.
- Ability to logically document and solve problems and to keep projects moving.
- Must be a self-motivated, organized and strong communicator.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Understand and respond to a diverse population.
- Demonstrated commitment to confidentiality.
You are a team player that enjoys a challenge and has excellent communication skills. If you are excited about the variety, challenge and scope of this role as well as about the opportunity to advance your career within the DDS group of companies, we want to hear from you.
DDS Wireless offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, combined with variety, challenge and scope to develop your career.
To apply please submit your resume together with a cover letter. Please reference “Software Developer (Deployment) – Richmond, BC – Your Name” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all who apply, however, we will only be in contact with those considered for an interview. No phone calls, please.