Cyber Security Analyst - Richmond, BC
DDS Wireless has a position for a cyber security analyst in Richmond, BC. Responsibilities will include: infrastructure security analysis, monitoring and incident response, as well as maintenance and configuration of network security tools. Security Analysts work with the latest technologies to detect, analyze, and limit intrusions and security events.
- Perform infrastructure security monitoring and incident response for DDS customers
- Record and report incidents to customers
- Maintain records of security monitoring and incident response activities
- Implement and/or manage Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) as required
- Create, modify, and update IDS, IPS, and SIEM rules
- Recognize potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information
- Evaluate and deconstruct malware
- Analyze large sets of data in order to discover indications of compromise
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls
- Creates and maintains Standard Operating Procedures
- Consolidate and conduct comprehensive analysis of threat data
- Bachelor degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of Information Technology experience.
- 1+ years of experience of full-time information security related experience.
- Working knowledge of application & infrastructure security solutions (Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Network Security, Password Management, Data Encryption, and Access Control)
- Ability to prioritize competing work assignments and initiative to complete tasks.
- Experience with vulnerability testing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- CEH, OSCP, OSCE, GIAC GCIA, GSEC, Security+ or other security certifications preferred.
- Familiar with security standards, including PCI DSS, PA DSS, GDPR, NIST 800.
You are a team player that enjoys a challenge and has excellent communication skills. A post-secondary education plus related work experience is required. To be considered, candidates must be legally able to work in Canada.
We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package, combined with variety, challenge and scope to develop your career in this fast moving international organization.
If you are excited about the variety, challenge and scope of this role as well as about the opportunity to advance your career within the DDS group of companies, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence “Cyber Security Analyst” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The team at DDS Wireless thanks you for your application. However, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.