Business Unit General Manager - Richmond, BC
About DDS Wireless
DDS is a global company providing scheduling and dispatch solutions to taxi and transit customers. We lead the market in Taxi and Paratransit solutions with a significant market share in both Taxi and Transit. Today, our most significant market share is in North America, while our EMEA operations have the fastest growth. DDS Wireless believes that the transit industry is about to change rapidly, with different modes of transportation coming together into a multi-modal solution. With a strong presence in both Taxi and Transit markets, we are ideally positioned to lead the market in realizing the potential of multi-modal transportation.
Customer focused global leader in intelligent wireless solutions to optimize transportation.
Grow through relentless customer focus by continuously innovating products and services through disciplined exceptional execution with highly skilled staff.
About the role
As a Business Unit General Manager, you are responsible for overseeing the performance within the business Unit. You will proactively seek opportunities to improve and develop strategies to encourage growth that aligns with our company goals. You’ll ensure your team has the tools, resources, and knowledge to drive business results.
- Accountability for all business unit operations – including all customer related activities; financial and operational integration; adherence to DDS policies and processes; budgeting, forecasting and P&L management; oversee and maintain responsibility for the financial and operating plans and day to day operations.
- Growth Strategies – develop a business unit growth plan. The position will also be responsible for identifying and developing new opportunities to expand DDS’ presence in compatible and profitable markets, providing requirements feedback for improved products, services and go-to-market, and developing other strategies to grow our revenue base and presence.
- Provide Leadership and Agility –build the team and optimize the organization, structure, and processes to profitably build the business.
- Recruit, Develop and Retain Talent – Drive team member engagement and develop their job competencies to drive great performance.
- More than 10 years experience in management with 5 of those years in a leadership position
- Proven track record as an senior manager, executive leader
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in SW & SaaS oriented business operations
- Strong financial acumen
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Extensive Travel across North America
Leadership Qualities Desired:
- You proactively seek opportunities to coach and mentor individuals and strengthen the team.
- You don’t hesitate to share developmental feedback and provide encouragement when times are tough.
- You see tasks through to completion.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, proactive, and offers help and support wherever needed. You don’t hide from problems or let them persist.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment where you are constantly on the go.
- Works well under pressure.
- Respect and promote Diversity & Inclusion in the workplace.
- You make decisions that improve the lives of others, even if it means more work for you. Not simply a “pleaser”, you have the vision to see when a short-term challenge can yield a long-term gain.
We offer a competitive performance based compensation package and comprehensive benefits package, combined with variety, challenge and scope to develop your career in this fast moving international organization.
If you are excited about the variety, challenge and scope of this role as well as about the opportunity to advance your career within the DDS group of companies, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence “General Manager” in the subject line to email@example.com.
The team at DDS Wireless thanks you for your application. However, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.