Business Analyst - Richmond, BC
The business analyst works with multiple stakeholders in to elicit, analyze, document and validate requirements for business or project processes, policies and systems. The business analyst interprets business issues and opportunities in the context of the requirements to recommend solutions that enable the business or project to achieve its goals.
Require a degree in a related area and 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with database concepts, client-server concepts and cloud computing concepts. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
- Improve systems by studying current practices; designing modifications
- Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
- Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Validate resource requirements and develop cost estimate models
- Conduct and coordinate financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various departments and programs of the client group
- Interpret, evaluate and interrelate research data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making
- Plan and coordinate the development of primary and secondary market research studies in support of strategic planning and specific marketing initiatives, as required and presents findings of studies to client committees
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly reviews and analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports
- Review a variety of areas including operations, purchasing, inventory, manufacturing, distribution, transportation and facilities
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes
- Suggest changes to senior management using analytics to support your recommendations. Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes
- Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Transportation and GPS positioning systems experience strongly preferred
- Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational
- Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
Business Analyst top skills & proficiencies:
- Systems Design
- Software Maintenance
- Process Improvement
- Big Picture Thinking
- Work Well Under Pressure
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Relationship Building
To apply please submit your resume together with a cover letter to email@example.com.
Please reference “Business Analyst – Your Name” in the subject line.
We thank all who apply, however, we will only be in contact with those considered for an interview. No phone calls please.