Assistant Controller - Richmond, BC
DDS is looking for an Assistant Controller to join the Finance Team. We are looking for this individual to be able to oversee the day-to-day operations of our Finance team, challenge the status quo and accomplish key deliverables. The Assistant Controller will work closely with the Controller on a number of projects to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting function. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, have a strong work ethic and be an excellent team player.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the day to day operations of the finance functions including AR, AP, and Cash Management for our North American and European operations.
- Manage the tax reporting and compliance needs for corporate income tax and sales tax in Canada, USA, and Europe.
- Work closely with the Controller on key projects:
- Accelerate month-end close (targeting 5 days post month-end)
- Oversight of our internal control processes
- Optimize integration of new reporting systems
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting as necessary. Responsibilities may include:
- Preparation of statutory and operational reports
- Preparation and/or review working papers
- Accounting for complex transactions and research IFRS issues.
- Liaise with auditors
- Provide support to the Treasury function
- Special projects, as needed
What you’ll need:
- CPA with minimum 5 years progressive work experience is mandatory.
- Experience in a public practice firm preferred.
- Previous experience with tax and IFRS reporting is preferred. Software industry experience is definitely an asset.
- Advanced experience using MS Excel; working knowledge of Netsuite is an asset.
- Successful experience with process improvement/redesign, and change management.
- Demonstrable project management skills with the ability to juggle priorities.
- Quick learner and adaptable to a dynamic environment.
- Exceptional analytical and decision making skills and the ability to understand complex issues.
- Proven success working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated leadership (coaching and mentoring).
- Self-starter with high level of ownership and accountability.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
We offer a competitive performance based compensation package and comprehensive benefits package, combined with variety, challenge and scope to develop your career in this fast moving international organization.
Apply Now! Does this sound like a fit for you? If so, we want to hear from you! Submit your resume together with a cover letter to email@example.com with “Assistant Controller” in the subject line.
We thank all who apply, however, we will only be in contact with those considered for an interview. No phone calls or agencies please.