Algorithm Development Engineer – Richmond, BC
DDS is a global company providing scheduling and dispatch solution to taxi and transit customers. We lead the market of Taxi and Paratransit solutions with a significant market share in both Taxi and Transit. Today, our most significant market share is in North America, while our EMEA operations have the fastest growth. DDS Wireless believes that transit industry is about to change rapidly, with different modes of transportation coming together into a multi-modal solution. With a strong presence in both Taxi and Transit markets, we are ideally positioned to lead the market in realizing the potential of multi-modal transportation.
DDS Wireless is currently seeking a talented individual to join our team of dedicated professionals. We have the following opportunity available for an Algorithm Development Engineer.
Reporting to the Software Development Manager in our Richmond office, you will achieve project objectives by focusing on encapsulating human scheduling and dispatching strategies with high fidelity to solve large-scale, combinatorially explosive transit problems.
Specifically, the mandate is the following:
- An understanding micro-service architectural framework that facilitates extension of the overall system with new services with clearly defined interfaces.
- Contributing to the design and implementation of new core services responsible for continuous optimization and dispatch of transit schedules.
- Learning the transit process and working closely with senior computer scientists in a team.
- Solving real-world problems with an emphasis on algorithmic simplicity and elegance.
- Developing newer and faster technologies in travel time prediction using GIS historical and live data.
- Additional duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
As the ideal candidate, you are inquisitive and articulate, with a service orientation. You work well in an agile team environment, with a proven ability to balance technology fascination with its practical application to relieving real-world pain points. You have broad algorithmic experience with a history of stitching innovative solutions together from items in your toolkit.
- Proficiency in C/C++ and/or Java is a must.
- Proven history of programming in Linux and Windows environments is required.
- Knowledge of node.js and experience with cloud technologies is an asset.
We want to hear from exciting developer professionals to further advance their careers and to experience growth and future learning opportunities.
DDS Wireless offers industry competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, combined with additional company benefits, varieties, challenges and to develop your career.
To apply please submit your resume together with a cover letter to “Careers@ddswireless.com“. Please reference “Algorithm Development Engineer – Richmond, BC – Your Name” in the subject line.
We thank all who apply, however, we will only be in contact with those considered for an interview. No phone calls, please.