VP of Software Development- Richmond, BC
DDS Wireless International Inc is a global provider of advanced wireless mobile data systems. We specialize in the design, development and deployment of fleet management systems for real-time dispatching, vehicle location and tracking and computerized routing and scheduling in multiple vertical markets.
Summary of Responsibilities
Lead multiple teams of engineers building the next generation of SaaS applications and platforms. Hire, mentor and grow passionate individuals who work well in strong teams across multiple geographies. Champion engineering and operational excellence, with a mindset for raising the bar with continuous improvement. Manage complex technical projects and drive them to outcomes. Coordinate with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality products in a timely manner. Make critical decisions that attribute to the success of the product. Be a leader for the Richmond, BC and Redmond, WA offices. Based out of the Richmond office, applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Strong leader capable of inspiring the very best software engineers and gaining their respect.
- Experienced in hiring, grooming and retaining top talent. Ability to attract top architects and engineers. Intellectually curious, the courage to innovate and results oriented.
- 10+ years of experience in building system software or large scale enterprise SaaS, including design, development, database architecture, security and performance tuning
- 3-5 years’ experience in designing, implementing and deploying scalable cloud-based solutions in the AWS environment.
- 5+ years building consumer and purpose-built mobile based applications based on Android and IOS cross-platform.
- 3-5 years of experience in building RESTful API services, data-driven architecture and analytics/BI solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in the following technical areas: Java, C++, Node.js, React Native, Lambda functions, Kubernetes, Kafka, Jira, Jenkins, Appium
- 5+ years’ experience in a management role BS/MS/ Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Full stack development experience, including NodeJS, Angular or React Familiarity with microservices architecture and containers Experienced in PostgreSQL, Dynamo DB ad Kafka databases and publish/subscribe technologies
- A leader with proven experience in driving change and building new teams
- Transportation domain and operational research experience a plus
- Willingness to travel to customer and other engineering team locations
You are a team player that enjoys a challenge and has excellent communication skills. If you are excited about the variety, challenge, and scope of this role as well as about the opportunity to advance your career within the DDS group of companies, we want to hear from you. DDS Wireless offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, combined with variety, challenge, and scope to develop your career.
To apply please submit your resume together with a cover letter referencing “VP of Software Development– Your Name” in the subject line.
We thank all who apply, however, we will only be in contact with those considered for an interview. No phone calls, please.