Software Developer – Kirkland, WA
Stratagen Systems is seeking a Software Developer. This individual will perform user, system and integration testing on our cloud based software products.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the web based, RESTful APIs and experience developing similar software. This person will be detail oriented, have the ability understand requirements, design and develop software to meet our customer’s needs.
This individual will be writing code as part of an software development team alongside other full stack developers on the team.
This individual will create and execute test plans, track and report defects, and validate bug fixes. During sprint and release planning meetings this person will identify and help prioritize testing tasks.
Stratagen Systems is focused on delivering high performance software products for paratransit. We develop web based products that integrate with mobile devices, and provide optimized ride sharing and routing solutions for vehicles.
- We are a growing team with plenty of software development experience.
- We are working with the latest, cutting edge open source technologies (Node.js and Ember.js)
- We have a lightweight development process and are focused on delivering features.
- We encourage pair programming to share knowledge and solve fun problems together.
- Writing API based software which integrate into new and legacy products.
- Searching for, investigating, reporting, and fixing software defects.
- Performing user testing with mobile devices.
- Documenting and reporting software defects, using a bug tracking system (JIRA).
- Installing and configuring testing tools (Linux).
- Creating deployment instructions. Deploying software into testing and staging environments.
- Participating on an agile team and reporting daily development effort.
- Collaborating with developers and product managers to deliver on requirements planned for each well-defined sprints.
- Collaborating with product managers and the engineering team to improve requirements and define acceptance criteria.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years professional experience in software product development role.
- Experience with automated testing of RESTful API’s.
- Client-server and server-to-server application development experience.
- Experience testing RESTful API’s and web based user interfaces.
- Ability to write detailed and effective code and scenarios based on requirements.
- Ability to write SQL queries.
- Must be proficient with analyzing HTTP requests and responses using Chrome.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Familiar and comfortable building and releasing in an agile environment.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with basic shell scripting in a Linux environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel to Seattle or Richmond for team meetings.
Nice to have:
- Experience with test strategies for AWS services (SNS, SQS, Kinesis etc)
- Familiar with test cycle management tools.
- Experience creating automated tests (Jasmine or Selenium).
- Experience testing single-page web applications.
- Experience with code coverage tools.
- Experience with continuous integration and rapid deployment (Jenkins).
To apply please submit your resume together with a cover letter to email@example.com.
Please reference “Software Developer – Kirkland – Your Name” in the subject line.
We thank all who apply, however, we will only be in contact with those considered for an interview. No phone calls please.