Senior Product Manager, EMEA
DDS is a global company providing scheduling and dispatch solution to taxi and transit customers. We lead the market of Taxi and Paratransit solutions with a significant market share in both Taxi and Transit. Today, our most significant market share is in North America, while our EMEA operations have the fastest growth and largest potential.
Looking ahead, we believe that transit industry is about to change rapidly, with different modes of transportation coming together into a multi-modal solution. With a strong presence in both Taxi and Transit markets, we are ideally positioned to lead the market in realizing the potential of multi-modal transportation. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join the global product group and help shape the future of transportation by bringing together our customers through industry leading multi-modal solutions.
Senior Product Manager, EMEA
The DDS Product team is a small and effective team located in three different countries. At a high level our mandate is as follows:
- Identify & prioritize market opportunities (who, why, where)
- Be the voice of the market to the company (roadmaps, R&D, sales, marketing, etc)
- Own the business case for our product investments (build, measure, report, adjust)In order to achieve this mandate we work closely as a team to gather information and build the DDS roadmap. We have shared targets for achieving DDS mandates and individual targets for the markets and opportunities we own. We believe that understanding the market is our first priority, therefore we are located near our main markets and often work with remote R&D, sales, and marketing team.
The Successful Candidate
As a Senior Product Manager in the DDS product team, you are the outside-in perspective; the end-user and customer advocate in the company; the voice of the market.
You are passionate about technology, marketing, and strategy and particular passionate about understanding and meeting market needs.
You are accountable for defining the market requirements for your market opportunities. You are responsible for creating and maintaining the product strategy and lifecycle plan for your solution.
As a Senior Product Manager you have close interaction with our amazing engineers in R&D, professionals in Marketing and Sales, as well as key customers representing your market opportunity. You understand that we must “think global, and act local” in order to build and deliver successful market solutions. You are responsible for gathering market requirements from both existing, new, and potential customers as well as writing market requirement documents, technical specifications, wining go-to-market plans, and monitoring the delivery of projects relevant to your market across the organization.
- Be the voice of your local market:
- Understand the EMEA landscape in transportation (especially Taxi and Paratransit) better than anyone else at DDS including the competitive landscape and trends.
- Capture both quantitative and qualitative data to enable decision making,
- Ensure the EMEA market data and potential is reflected in the product team plan.
- Contributing member of the Product Team:
- Be the voice of the EMEA market in creating the DDS market segmentation plan, user journeys, and personas
- Prioritize market opportunities in EMEA,
- Design global capabilities and functionality that are successful EMEA local markets
- Own the EMEA go-to-market plan for new initiatives and product launches.
- Owner of a Business Case:
- You own one or more of our business cases including the global market opportunity (the who) linked to value proposition (they why) linked to capability (the how).
- Collaborate with R&D to ensure technical solution viability – is what we are building going to achieve the value proposition in the market? Is it usable and fit for purpose?
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to mitigate market adoption risk by testing the technical solution, messaging, and launch plan early and often – with alpha & beta programs, customer reviews, and so on
- Measure progress in every aspect of your business case, report on the progress, and remove roadblocks
- Collaborate with team mates:
- Review and provide input to team mates’ business cases and solutions to enable success of all DDS initiatives in EMEA.
- Use team mates as resources to validate success of own business cases and initiatives in all DDS global markets
- Actively seek to learn from and to help grow team mates to increase the competencies of the Product team.
- Superior ability to lead without direct authority and influence across organizational departments.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate a clear vision, evangelize for your target market, and build excitement and pride for your solutions throughout the organization.
- Capable of tracking details across multiple departments and projects without losing site of the bigger picture.
- Not only are you able to work independently, but you are the wellspring of activity; motivating and energizing others towards the successful implementation of your market solution.
- A great team player that puts the needs of your organization and your team before everything else: dependable and supportive towards mutual success.
- Minimum 5 years of product management in a market-driven organization.
- Preferred degree in engineering, computer science or equivalent. MBA is an asset.
Transportation industry experience is an asset
DDS Wireless offers a team based work environment fostering collaboration, creativity and innovation and comprehensive benefits package, combined with the variety, challenge and scope to develop your career in a fast moving international organization.
To apply please submit your resume together with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference “Senior Product Manager, EMEA – Your Name” in the subject line.
We thank all who apply, however, we will only be in contact with those considered for an interview. No phone calls please.