Senior Financial Analyst– Richmond, BC
The Senior Financial Analyst will support the Senior Management Team and the Business Units by providing financial information and metrics that allow effective, data driven management of the business. The information provided by this individual will show how the business is doing today, how it is projected to do in future, and help to identify the “levers” that will optimize the performance of the business.
This individual will work closely with key people throughout the operations of the business, building partnerships and providing information, insight and recommendations needed to make good business decisions.
The Senior Financial Analyst will report to the Vice President of Finance and work closely with all individuals within the global finance team.
- Prepare reports and provide analysis of KPI / Dashboard for Senior Management
- Interpret financial data by analyzing variances and identifying trends. Make recommendations to achieve financial efficiencies and savings
- Prepare presentations and executive summaries of financial results, forecasts and budgets and provide an analytical review
- Prepare revenue forecasts using Salesforce.com and coordinating inputs from various operational managers. Improve sales forecasting methodologies
- Prepare the annual budget by coordinating and validating all inputs with business managers for consistency, reasonability and transparency. Own / lead the entire process in terms of timeline and accuracy
- Create sophisticated financial models, “what if” scenarios, and develop other techniques to assist decision making
- Assist in the planning and implementation of new ERP system
- Propose recommendations to improve processes and procedures
- Assist managers and finance team on various ad hoc projects/analysis as required.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a professional accounting designation and/or a CFA designation
- A university degree with studies within finance, accounting or economics
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in analytical role
- Ideally, have experience with a publicly traded company in a FPA role
- Experience in software or technology industry is an asset
- Have advanced Microsoft Excel skills (as evidenced by knowledge of vlookup, advanced excel functions, pivot tables, solver, graphs and the ability to work with multiple workbooks) in addition to intermediate PowerPoint skills.
- To truly succeed in this role, you’ll need to enjoy working with people as much as you enjoy working with data. Positive, driven, can-do attitude, inquisitive, adaptable, personable, clear communicator and a true team player – your colleagues use these words to describe you. Passion for learning and sharing of knowledge.
- You are good at bringing meaning to raw data, and you have business acumen so the meaning you bring is in a business context rather than purely financial. To you, numbers and analysis are there to help you tell the story of what’s really going on.
- Our world in the software business is very dynamic – you enjoy the challenge of managing shifting priorities, while taking care of the requisite high level of detail and accuracy (the latter is critical!).
- DDS Wireless offers a team based work environment and comprehensive benefits package, combined with variety, challenge and scope to develop your career in this fast moving international organization.
To apply please submit your resume together with a cover letter to email@example.com.
Please reference “Senior Financial Analyst – Your Name” in the subject line.
We thank all who apply, however, we will only be in contact with those considered for an interview. No phone calls please.