React Native Technical Lead, Richmond, BC
DDS is a global company providing scheduling and dispatch solution to taxi and transit customers. We lead the market of Taxi and Paratransit solutions with a significant market share in both Taxi and Transit. Today, our most significant market share is in North America, while our EMEA operations have the fastest growth and largest potential.
Looking ahead, we believe that transit industry is about to change rapidly, with different modes of transportation coming together into a multi-modal solution. With a strong presence in both Taxi and Transit markets, we are ideally positioned to lead the market in realizing the potential of multi-modal transportation. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join the global product group and help shape the future of transportation by bringing together our customers through industry leading multi-modal solutions.
React Native Technical Lead – Richmond, BC
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be a major individual contributor of coding on the team, who is comfortable working independently.
- Design and develop software features based on visual mockups and/or user stories.
- Monitor the mobile ecosystem for native platform changes and innovative apps that can be leveraged internally for performance or user experience improvements.
- Extend testing capabilities by writing unit tests, creating integration tests and assisting in QA testing during development.
- Ensure reliability by always taking into consideration performance and different network connection scenarios.
- Prototype user experience concepts prior to new feature implementation.
- Demonstrate a deep appreciation for good design.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Experience in the following technologies:
- 3 years: iOS and Android Development using Objective-C/Swift, Java/Kotlin. Knowing Realm is a plus.
- 3 years: Software Development tools based on Atlassian Jira and Agile methods.
- 2 years: Multi-Threading and memory management specific to mobile devices.
- 2 years: Experience in building and leading engineering teams.
- Experience in building and managing product backlogs.
- Practical knowledge of various design patterns.
- Experience with consuming REST API such as Google Places API Web Service.
- Experience with publishing app to app store.
- Experience with building a CI/CD pipeline.
- Proficient understanding of version control system, such as Git.
- Disciplined approach to writing and quality assurance.
- Understanding of core CS concepts such as: common data structures and algorithms, profiling/optimization.
- Excellent documentation, communication, and technical writing skills required.
- Ability to work well with various level of the organizations
- Ability to logically document and solve problems and to keep projects moving.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
DDS Wireless offers a team based work environment fostering collaboration, creativity and innovation and comprehensive benefits package, combined with the variety, challenge and scope to develop your career in a fast moving international organization.
To apply please submit your resume together with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference “React Native Technical Lead, Richmond BC – Your Name” in the subject line.
We thank all who apply, however, we will only be in contact with those considered for an interview. No phone calls please.