Project Manager – Richmond, BC
DDS Wireless International Inc is a global provider of advanced wireless mobile data systems. We specialize in the design, development and deployment of fleet management systems for real-time dispatching, vehicle location and tracking and computerized routing and scheduling in multiple vertical markets.
The Project Manager will be accountable for delivering and/or coordinating systems implementation projects that require overall planning, organization, execution, and control of assigned projects(s).
The Project Manager role is critical to ensuring that our projects are holistically led and managed to ensure success, including effective stakeholder expectation management.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Manage and/or coordinate assigned project(s), with the collaboration of key stakeholders in such a way that the work results are delivered on time and within budget.
- Develop and/or maintain project plans (communication, scope, quality, risk, human resources, schedule, financial and environment requirements), and the various project reports.
- Plan, organize and control the activities and resources of the delivery team.
- Lead, support and follow up on the execution of the project plans.
- Interview, select, and integrate new team members into the project.
- Define project assignments according to needs and review the performance of team members.
- Manage the budget and schedule of the project.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the progress of the delivery team.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on project performance (budget, cost, schedule, scope, quality, risk, and issue).
- Monitor and report on project financial status.
- Maintain overall change control procedure, overall project plans, and detailed plan.
- Manage change requests and outstanding issues.
- Control deliverable review and obtain written approval for them.
- Carry out or participate in project progress and status reviews, including recording and distributing actionable meeting minutes.
- Raise project issues and risks, as well as quality and scope deviations.
The successful candidate:
- Displays positive and results-oriented behaviours
- Thrives in challenging and changing environments
- Demonstrates superb oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates an ability to manage expectations of all stakeholders
- Is able to be hands-on when required, flexible, patient, collaborative and non-confrontational
- Has a proven track record of leading high-functioning teams
- 5-10 Years’ in a Project Management role in Systems Implementation
- Solid knowledge of PMBOK and possess a PMP Certification
- Experience with a Formal, structured PM approach used in delivering projects; familiar with and able to progress projects in a client environment where there is a formal, gated approval process
- Demonstrated experience leading a project from start to finish
- Demonstrated track record in delivering the planned business benefits, on-time and on-budget
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Very strong financial and budget management experience and capabilities
- Experience Working in a Matrixed Team Environment
- Superb oral and written communications and client management skills with a professional and formal communication style.
- Able to form solid relationships with all personality types – and balance competing demands and needs from clients and the PMO.
- Formal education in Computer Science or Information Technology preferred.
- Experience working in the Transportation Industry or other Highly Regulated Environment.
DDS Wireless offers a team based work environment fostering collaboration, creativity and innovation and comprehensive benefits package, combined with the variety, challenge and scope to develop your career in a fast moving international organization.
To apply please submit your resume together with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Project Manager, Richmond BC – Your Name” in the subject line.
We thank all who apply, however, we will only be in contact with those considered for an interview. No phone calls please.