Product Manager - Entry Level, Richmond, BC
DDS is a global company providing scheduling and dispatch solution to taxi and transit customers. We lead the market of Taxi and Paratransit solutions with a significant market share in both Taxi and Transit. Today, our most significant market share is in North America, while our EMEA operations have the fastest growth and largest potential.
Looking ahead, we believe that transit industry is about to change rapidly, with different modes of transportation coming together into a multi-modal solution. With a strong presence in both Taxi and Transit markets, we are ideally positioned to lead the market in realizing the potential of multi-modal transportation. We are looking for an Entry-Level Product Manager to join the global product group and help shape the future of transportation by bringing together our customers through industry leading multi-modal solutions.
Product Manager – Entry Level, Richmond, BC
The DDS Product team is a small and effective team located in three different countries. This role is an exciting opportunity for an entry level product manager to join a senior product management team and learn how to develop and grow product while working directly with our wider team and our customers across North America.
The Successful Candidate
As a Product Manager in the DDS product team, you are passionate about technology, marketing, and strategy . As a Product Manager you will partner with R&D to build product requirements and deliver high-quality experiences that drive business growth. You are accountable for delivering on the business requirements for business cases and capabilities.
Relay the market needs :
Work closely with potential customers, and existing ones to understand their use cases and requirements
Perform customer needs analysis, market sizing, and competitive analysis to determine market opportunities
Use market and customer research, industry trends / best practices, and discovery with partners to conceptualize and develop new product ideas.
Contributing member of the Product Team:
Partner with other product managers to align user experience to deliver cross-platform features and capabilities.
Deliver written product requirements and use cases with prioritized features based on the business case and capabilities
Define product goals, KPIs, and requirements in an agile environment by understanding and prioritizing end-user and business stakeholder need
Analyze product performance and customer feedback. Prioritize bug fixes and new features that respond to customer needs and market opportunities. Iterate continuously on feature and functional enhancements.
Ensure key team members are trained and knowledgeable on the features and benefits of all product enhancements
Develop & conduct specialized training on new products launched and raise awareness & application of relevant subject matter.
Conducting product presentations and demos to potential and current clients
Collaborate with team:
Collaborate with product management and other functional groups (marketing, sales, support) to translate customer requirements into clearly communicated product requirements.
Collaborate with the Development team leads to clearly communicate the intent and acceptance criteria for requirements.
Collaborate with product management of all product integration/launches/changes throughout implementation.
- University degree in computer science, software engineering or similar field. Pragmatic Marketing certification is a plus. MBA is a plus.
- 2 years of experience in a high-tech / Software industry working closely with engineering in such roles as product management, product owner, user experience, systems consulting, or analyst experience.
- Experience working with complex software applications and systems. Experience with SaaS, mobile applications a plus.
- Strong communications with written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and a high level of customer service for internal and external audiences
- Passion for bringing innovative new products to market and creating great user experiences
- Experience working with both agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Solid understanding of the systems development lifecycle and product lifecycle.
- High competency and knowledge in software engineering, product development, and general business processes
- Motivated, creative, collaborative and results oriented. Comfortable working in a fast-paced product development environment with multidisciplinary teams.
- Transportation industry experience is an asset
- Familiarity with natural language processing, machine learning, and process automation is a plus.
- Demonstrated analytical skill, attention to detail.
DDS Wireless offers a team based work environment fostering collaboration, creativity and innovation and comprehensive benefits package, combined with the variety, challenge and scope to develop your career in a fast moving international organization.
To apply please submit your resume together with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference “Product Manager, Richmond BC – Your Name” in the subject line.
We thank all who apply, however, we will only be in contact with those considered for an interview. No phone calls please.