Product Manager– Richmond, BC
DDS is a global company providing scheduling and dispatch solution to taxi and transit customers. We lead the market in Taxi and Paratransit solutions, with our most significant market share in North America and our EMEA operations experiencing rapid growth.
Looking ahead, we believe that transit industry is about to change rapidly, with different modes of transportation coming together into a multi-modal solution. With a strong presence in both Taxi and Paratransit markets, we are ideally positioned to lead the industry in realizing the potential of multi-modal transportation. We are looking for a Product Manager to join the global product group and help shape the future of DDS’s market-focused product offerings.
About The Position
The DDS Product Management team is a small and effective team located in different countries. At a high level our mandate is as follows:
- Identify & prioritize market opportunities (who, why, where)
- Be the voice of the market to the company (roadmaps, R&D, sales, marketing, etc.)
- Own the business case for our product investments (build, measure, report, adjust)
In order to achieve this mandate we work closely as a team to gather information and build the DDS roadmap. We have shared targets for achieving DDS mandates and individual targets for the markets and opportunities that we own.
The Successful Candidate
As a Product Manager in the DDS product management team you are the outside-in perspective, representing the voice of the market and the customer advocate within the company.
Furthermore, you are…
- The consummate team player, adept at managing relationships; collaborating and influencing across a variety of organizational functions
- Passionate about technology, marketing, and strategy; particularly enthusiastic about understanding and meeting market needs
- Accountable for gathering market requirements from both existing and prospective customers as well as writing market and product requirement documents, go-to-market plans, and monitoring the delivery of projects
- Responsible for managing the strategy and lifecycle plan for your product
As a Product Manager you will have close interaction with our engineers in R&D, professionals in marketing and sales, as well as key customers representing market leaders. You realize that we must “think globally, and act locally” in order to build and deliver successful market solutions.
- Be the voice of your local market:
- Understand the needs and competitive landscape in our global markets
- Capture both quantitative and qualitative data to enable decision making
- Contribute to the overall roadmap and unique value proposition to each respective target market segment
- Owner of business cases:
- You own one or more business cases linking the global market opportunity to our value proposition
- Create user stories for current and future products based on the market’s problems
- Collaborate with R&D to ensure a viable technical solution
- Work with marketing to enable the success of our sales channels
- Measure progress against the business case and proactively respond
- Own the go-to-market plan
- Work with marketing and sales to create the go-to-market strategy including the target market segment, revenue projections, and product packaging & pricing
- Create and delivery winning demand generation strategies including value propositions, collateral concepts, and marketing content
- Work closely with sales to identify inhibitors, remove roadblocks, provides sales training, and support large initiatives
- Inquisitive in nature, logical in analysis, and coherent in explaining rationale
- Capable of tracking details across multiple projects while maintaining context with overall goals
- Able to work independently, receive feedback constructively, and communicate clearly
- A great team player that seeks win-win outcomes for both customers and DDS
- Minimum 2 years of experience in product management, with preference to those who have worked with both software and hardware products
- Minimum 2 years of experience working collaboratively with marketing and sales organizations
- Preferred degree in engineering, computer science or equivalent; MBA is an asset
- Assets: Pragmatic Marketing certification and/or Transportation industry experience
Apply Now! Does this sound like a fit for you? If so, we want to hear from you! Submit your resume together with a cover letter with “Product Manager – Your Name” in the subject line to email@example.com.
We thank all who apply, however, we will only be in contact with those considered for an interview.