Development Team Leader – Kirkland, WA
StrataGen Systems is seeking a Team Leader in our growing software development group. This individual will mentor and lead a team of software developers and SDETs in the development of a new cloud based product suite.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record as an individual contributor and as a leader of software development teams.
This person will have a solid understanding of cloud based software development techniques, be experienced in delivering and deploying production ready services to the cloud. This person will have experience as a full stack developer of web based user interfaces and RESTful APIs.
StrataGen Systems is focused on delivering high performance software products for paratransit. We develop web based products that integrate with mobile devices, and provide optimized ride sharing and routing solutions for vehicles.
- We are a growing team with plenty of software development experience.
- We are working with the latest, cutting edge open source technologies (Node.js and Ember.js)
- We have a lightweight development process and are focused on delivering features.
- We encourage pair programming to share knowledge and solve fun problems together.
- Leading a team of software development engineers and SDETs.
- Managing a strategic and highly visible software development project.
- Deploying and monitoring software in the cloud.
- Participating in architectural design meetings.
- Collaborating with developers and product managers to identify scope and estimate projects.
- Collaborating with product managers and the engineering team to improve requirements and define acceptance criteria.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or Electrical Engineering.
- 7+ years professional experience in a software development role.
- 3+ years leading software development teams (technical, team or project leader).
- Experience developing web based user interfaces (Angular, Ember or React).
- Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs.
- Continuous integration and deployment experience.
- Experience with AWS services such as ECS, CloudFormation and CodeDeploy.
- Experience developing enterprise applications for the cloud.
- SQL database design and data modeling skills.
- Working on an agile scrum team.
- Comfortable with basic shell scripting in a Linux environment.
- Must have excellent verbal, visual and written communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel to Richmond, BC for team meetings.
Nice to have:
- Experience as a scrum master on an agile team.
- Transportation software domain experience.
- Test driven development experience.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, NPM and Git.
- Integrating Jenkins into a continuous integration, deployment and delivery system.
- Production monitoring and devops experience.
DDS Wireless offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, combined with variety, challenge and scope to develop your career.
To apply please submit your resume together with a cover letter to email@example.com.
Please reference “Development Team Leader – Kirkland, WA – Your Name” in the subject line.
We thank all who apply, however, we will only be in contact with those considered for an interview. No phone calls please.