Accounts Payable Specialist– Richmond, BC
DDS is a global company providing scheduling and dispatch solution to taxi and transit customers. We lead the market of Taxi and Paratransit solutions with a significant market share in both Taxi and Transit. Today, our most significant market share is in North America, while our EMEA operations have the fastest growth. DDS Wireless believes that transit industry is about to change rapidly, with different modes of transportation coming together into a multi-modal solution. With a strong presence in both Taxi and Transit markets, we are ideally positioned to lead the market in realizing the potential of multi-modal transportation.
DDS Wireless is currently seeking a talented individual to join our team of dedicated professionals. The Finance team have the following opportunity available for an Accounts Payable Specialist.
The successful AP candidate has a minimum 3 years experience in accounts payable. The candidate is well versed with intermediate level of Excel (vlookup, pivot tables are a bonus) and any experience with Sage/ACCPAC is an asset. The incumbent must have experience with foreign currencies and have excellent time management skills.
The Accounts Payable Specialist duties are the following:
- Manage all accounts payable work activities and organize all invoices, purchase orders, statements and other relevant documentation
- Partner and coordinate with all departments to ensure all invoices, purchase orders are processed and accurately approved
- Code invoices to GL accounts and input vendor invoice into ERP system
- Reconcile vendor statements and communicate with vendors and/or internal departments as necessary
- Verify and validate approved vendor invoices in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Prepare vendor payments, through online banking ACH, wire and EFT payments as well as cheques
- Create new and maintain existing vendor records
- Process weekly expense reports
- Perform credit card reconciliations, by working with stakeholders across the company to ensure the accuracy, timeliness and proper documentation of all charges incurred
- File accounting documents, which includes: invoices, receipt documentation, vendor banking information, vendor credit applications and other corporate documents
- Support the Finance team members with the month-end close and other ad-hoc projects
- Additional duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- 3 plus years’ of industry experience in a similar capacity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills a team player
- Must have a focus on customer service and be very people-oriented
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized and efficient
- Works well independently and effectively with suppliers and internal customers
- Experience with Netsuite is an asset
- Experience working in a multi-currency/multi-entity environment
We want to hear from exciting accounting professionals to further advance their careers and to experience growth and future learning opportunities.
DDS Wireless offers industry competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, combined with additional company benefits, varieties, challenges and to develop your career.
To apply please submit your resume together with a cover letter. Please reference “Accounts Payable Specialist– Richmond, BC – Your Name” in the subject line.
We thank all who apply, however, we will only be in contact with those considered for an interview. No phone calls please.