Senior Network Administrator – Richmond, BC
The Senior Network Administrator will work with the Technology team and be responsible for implementing and maintaining DDS Wireless’ Worldwide technical infrastructure. Key areas of responsibility include servers, workstations, network operating systems, firewalls and switches, as well as general maintenance of IT equipment across our six Worldwide offices. The position will also play a role in the operation of our Vancouver and London Data Centers as well as deployments in AWS and Azure.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain physical and virtual Windows server / workstation systems; availability, integrity and security including installation and/or system recovery
- Responsible for staff Help Desk issues and creating solutions in a proactive and autonomous manner
- Support all technology equipment, including workstations, software installation, printers, firewalls, phone system, etc
- Maintain and support data backup systems
- Respond in a timely matter to technology support requests
- Network documentation to enhance IT policies and structure
- 5+ years’ experience in a Network Administration and Help Desk role
- Technology Degree / Diploma and/or MS certification
- Experience in Active Directory / Exchange / Microsoft Office
- Workstation deployment processes
- Firewalls (SonicWall and Cisco)
- Database administration (MS SQL or Oracle)
- Experience with Internet technologies with emphasis on security including Routers, Gateways, Firewalls, Enterprise Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, and VPNs
- ASP hosted environments in both physical and public cloud environments with 24/7 systems monitoring
- Experience in a software development and QA environment
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Excellent team player
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direct supervision
To apply please submit your resume together with a cover letter to email@example.com.
Please reference “Senior Network Administrator – Your Name” in the subject line.
We thank all who apply, however, we will only be in contact with those considered for an interview. No phone calls please.